cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ron7264
New Contributor

Re: Invalid Email Format - Catalina OS

I am not sure what I did to make it work again, but when the failure occured I restarted my MAc and it started working again.

macpro03
New Contributor

I am having the same issue. At some point within 24+ hours of continous trying, it will just work. Otherwise, I am getting the same issue constantly. Downloading latest LogMeIn Control pannel for Mac OS on their website. Currently running Mac OS Catalina. 

@LogMeIn Please get this fixed!

macpro03
New Contributor

Just to clearify, even rebooting doesn't always fix it. We are using 2-step authentication as well.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thank you for the update.  We are getting closer to a resolution now, and I'll let you all know if we need more data to complete the fix.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ruskie
New Contributor

I am experiencing the same thing. I try to log on with the logmein client and for some reason, when I use the correct credential combination, it turns the @ into %40 and responds with an invalid email address error.

I was beginning to think my machine (MacMini running Catalina)  was somehow compromised until I saw this thread here showing that others are experiencing the same problem.

Any suggestions? Please! 

I am all ears and I will try.

Thanks

dterrot
Visitor

I'm still getting this issue. Do you know if there is a fix?
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@dterrot I'm sorry we don't have an ETA yet, though I know it is being worked on currently.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kms2
Active Contributor

Any further updates?

Same issue here, hence me finding this thread. Trying to log in for the first time returns an "Invalid email" error, turing the "@" symbol into "into %40"

I can get around it by using a deployment package, but that for whatever reason every time I restart the Mac, it now automatically opens the "Security & Privacy" window with the "Privacy" tab selected. Not sure if that's a new bug with Deployment Package installations. If I uninstall LogMeIn, the "Security and Privacy" window no longer opens at system startup. Reinstall... and it opens at startup again.

Using Catalina with Two-Factor Authentication enabled.

Anon80591
New Contributor

That's exactly what most of us are getting...

a) The log in "Invalid email" error with the "@" symbol "into %40" (...and working that around...)

b) The "Security & Privacy" window with the "Privacy" tab selected at system startup.

Still waiting for LogMeIn to fix the issue...

bpritch
Active Contributor

Same issue here and spoke with 2 reps on the phone. Last one remoted in to verify and run a script to clear the credentials. Still not working and was told the ticket is up to Dev to fix now. I have done multiple installs and everytime the credentials are already in the client at launch with %40. 

Script

rm -rf /Users/$(id -un)/Library/Caches/com.logmein.ignition/fsCachedData/*