cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MossyRock
New Contributor

LogMeIN Guardian has detected a problem with the LogMeIn software...

A customer I support got an error dialog box, "LogMeIN Guardian has detected a problem with the LogMeIn software on this machine".  He supplied no other details regarding what he was doing at the time or how long the session had been established with the host.

I connected to his laptop and there are no malware infections reported by HitMan Pro or Norton.

The event viewer entry for this event is:

LogMeIn Guardian has detected a problem with the LogMeIn software installed on this machine. The problem is locally identified by the following reference ID: 'e564efd936b4fa136c2f2fc87cfcc592'.

There are no other remarkable events in the event viewer.

Any idea what happened?  Does the reference ID help?

Thanks,

18 REPLIES 18
Mark532011
New Contributor

Re: LogMeIN Guardian has detected a problem with the LogMeIn software...

I am receiving a similar message. The id is different and I don't know if that is a generic message and the ID is the key or if the id just relates to computer-account or something.

In my case, I have installed it onto Windows 8 RP and although everything looks fine, and most functions work correctly but when I try to remote-control I get a 202 (remote control session initiated) and see a flash of the desktop then a disconnect with error 104 and the following:

Message:  LogMeIn Guardian has detected a problem with the LogMeIn software installed on this machine. The problem is locally identified by the following reference ID: '386708ab41884ad6d1d37258cd9b6140'  

my guess is an incompatible display driver since I can do other functions (such as event viewer). I will be trying a newer driver.

Mark532011
New Contributor

it was not a display driver issue (at least I donwloadded the latest one). So I guess atm LogMeIn is incompatible with Win8 RP (it worked with CP)

MossyRock
New Contributor

No responses.  I guess there is no one out there that can help with either of our issues.

I think we should file support tickets.

micfre

Nothing to add other than confirmation that LMI is not working on my Win 8 CP machine either. Conects and fails immediately, reporting a problem detected by Guardian.

Thanks.

reggaempz

same problem here..

Mark532011
New Contributor

I was able to get my problem resolved. By running the installer in win7 compatibility mode it seems to have come up and be ok. I'm sorry I can't help with the original issue. Mark
Anon7066

Hello,

One of my client uncounter the exact same issue.

Is that possible to obtain an answer and a solution, please?

We like a lot working with your product but if it bothers the client, we will have to uninstall it.

Thanks in advance.

Tatiana

vscheer

I have 2 clients who have encountered same error; both running Windows 7 & LMI free client. I connect via LMI central.  Guardian also wants to send back error report.  The first client just x'ed out window; 2nd client tried to send error report, and it would not go through.  This client was working wirelessly and this connection did not work.  After hard wiring, I logged in and found the wireless driver failed...after resetting both hardware and software controlling wireless, wireless connection worked.  Still no idea on what trigged this error message from LMI.  I've used LMI for a number of years and have never encountered this error message. Will get logs and send to tech support. 

silvatek
Visitor

I have a client (my dad) using Logmein free version under Windows 7 Home Premium. He's started getting this message but I can do nothing about it until I visit him in a month's time. I keep hoping Logmein will issue an automatic fix. As it's occurring several times a week, I'm tempted to get him to uninstall it altogether - or maybe I'll connect one last time and just remove Logmein from the startup.