Would it be possible for you to send a copy of the old MSU installer for XP SP3
Remotepowergirl
New Contributor

Re: Need old installer for XP

PM me
WowDigital
New Contributor

Hi everyone, anyone have a version that works on Win Serv 2008 - after a migration to a VM, it wasn't working right and I uninstalled - now I need to reinstall, but like everyone else, MSI failed.  I've got the client installed, but need the host MSI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

WowDigital
New Contributor

I sent you a PM. 🙂
PlayerOne
New Contributor

Not sure if this thread is still active but I am also looking for an installer for XP.  Anyone still have it available?

Thanks in advance!

jack000
Active Contributor

Please use the file from the google drive I posted few pages before. It's still there and it works in XP SP3.

PlayerOne
New Contributor

Thank you.  I have your file.  However, isn't that the remote side "ignition" software?  Don't I still need the host side installation file for installation on the XP machine?

Thanks again!!!

jack000
Active Contributor

This is the client that works as it should. As a matter of fact I'm using it at this moment to connect from my home laptop to my work desktop and "being" at work I'm writing these words 🙂 

PlayerOne
New Contributor

Thanks again for the response.  I am obviously confused on my end.  LogMeIn (currently) has 2 parts...one that installs on the host machine (in my case the XP machine) and one that installs on the remote client.  I am hoping to find the software that will install on the XP host machine so that we can control it remotely.  Is the software you have on the Google drive (again thank you!) for installation on the host XP machine?

Hat in hand.  Thank you.

jack000
Active Contributor

Host-side software was alwayse maintained by my managers.  I have checked our network for any host-side installers but found nothing. My remote work machine uses Win7 and the only thing I could offer would be packing the folder from ProgramFiles (x86) and adding to my goole drive, but I don't know if it's compatible with XP and if it even is then setting it up on your machine without installer may be close to impossible (maybe not).