cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyiesla
New Contributor

Remote Control Mac Over the Internet from Sleep

I need to remote control a Mac Pro on my corproate network from a remote location. With everything set up correctly and the Mac up and running it works just fine. However, if I let the Mac go to sleep, it does not wake it up and I do have the wake on network access turned on. 

I tried this once last week from my home computer and it said that the Mac wasn't on-line. I had tried to set the Mac up so that it would NOT go to sleep, but for whatever reason, the client said it wasn't on-line. I messed with it some more today and tried it from LMI client on my iPhone on the LTE network so it's outside my LAN. I forced the Mac to sleep. This time, the LMI client said that both my Mac and one I have at home were sleeping and that I could use WOL. I tried both and neither would connect. Now, the one at my office is behind my firewall, so I'm not 100% for sure that the firewall settings aren't causing an issue.  However, my home one is just sitting behind my cable modem and my Airport router and is wired into the router. I've checked with Apple and they tell me that I shouldn't have to do anything special on the Airport to get this to work.

Any thoughts???