cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2ARM5
Active Contributor

Re: Security Vulnerability within LMInfo.sys

Interesting.   Users have reported, and I myself experienced, an update prompt without manually checking for an update.  I've now reviewed the installed version on all systems,  about 12% are up to date.   Guess we'll give it some time.

Thanks

SOSCOMP
New Contributor

Hi -Windows 10 Pro and Windows11 Pro

SOSCOMP
New Contributor

The LMI update did not fix the issue for us. We use ESET endpoint Security. What Antivirus are you using? Any resolution for you yet?

SOSCOMP
New Contributor

We took a Windows10 PC with just ESET on it and installed LogmeIn (never on system before) and ESET did not detect anything-ran a custom scan on hte LMI directory too. The LMIinfo.sys in this new install is 11.1.0.3236. When we check the properties for the systems with LMI already installed and updated there is no version information listed. Odd.  Could it be we have to uninstall and install LMI on the systems?  Hard to do remotely I guess unless we do an ad hoc session to the systems, then uninstall and reinstall LMI?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@SOSCOMP When we deploy new versions only a small number of systems receive it in the beginning, did you manually updated all of your computers to the new Host software 4.1.0.15410? The computers that ESET is reporting an issue with may not have updated yet, have you confirmed that they are all running v4.1.0.15410 of the Host software?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
SOSCOMP
New Contributor

We manually updated one to the new LMI version as a test. Didn't help. Like I said we don't have any issue on one that has a fresh LMI installation and has ESET. I sent a reply on this earlier too

SOSCOMP
New Contributor

We took a Windows10 PC with just ESET on it and installed LogmeIn (never on system before) and ESET did not detect anything-ran a custom scan on hte LMI directory too. The LMIinfo.sys in this new install is 11.1.0.3236. When we check the properties for the systems with LMI already installed and updated there is no version information listed. Odd. Could it be we have to uninstall and install LMI on the systems? Hard to do remotely I guess unless we do an ad hoc session to the systems, then uninstall and reinstall LMI?
SOSCOMP
New Contributor

Also cannot do ad hoc support when LMI is already installed -in case we wanted to uninstall LMI and reinstall it to mimick the fresh install test we did
SOSCOMP
New Contributor

Hi-just checking to see if you kn ow if the LMI team is working on a fix -thanks!

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor

Hey!

Last Tuesday we released a new host version that is slowly being deployed to customers. You can update manually to this latest version that contains the fix of the issue detected by ESET.