cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsaumer
New Contributor

Session is in Use - Cannot Reconnect

Hello,

We have a vendor that uses Logmein for remotely connecting to provide live captioning for our broadcast.  It is absolutly critical and mandated that they are able to connect and provide this service.

When a disconnect happens, they cannot get back into the PC due to it saying the session is already in use.

Is there a set timeout?  Is there a way to force the session to disconnect? Is there a way for them to rejoin the broken session?

Jayson Saumer

6 REPLIES 6
Katie_P
GoTo Contributor

Hello Jayson,

Thanks for the question. If you see the words "In Session" next to a computer in your account, it means that the link to the host computer has recently been clicked but is semi real-time, so it may remain for a few minutes after a session has ended. This does not typically prevent connecting again, but if it does- try restarting the LogMeIn host software. If you are not sure how to restart the software on the host, the link below will guide you through it. I would also suggest looking in to the idle time allowed field to assure that you are allowing yourself enough time in an idle state. I will also include those instructions below.

Options for Rebooting the Host

How do I change the time it takes to disconnect when I am idle?

I hope this helps!

-Katie

Katie is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.
Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.

Carvecream
Active Contributor

These links no longer work. Is restarting the host software still a viable option?

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@Carvecream  Sorry, this thread is kind of old.  If your host PC is still stuck in-session it is best to physically reboot the computer and/or reinstall the desktop software there.  The reboot options for hosts only work if you can make a connection to one first:  https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/help/rebooting-the-host-logmein-t-host-compman-reboot 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mavelo
New Contributor

May be an old thread, but still a frequent problem for clients I support.

User gets disconnected, for whatever reason, and LogMeIn thinks they're still active.

• Many of these machines are headless make a hard reboot the only solution.
  • On those with monitors and kbm, we have to turn off logmein control panel, then turn it back on. Which usually results in automatic error reports being generated which we send back as suggested.

We have seen some instances where this has become more frequent than can be considered reasonable. Upgrading logmein on host machines may seem to work for a short while, if it helps at all, but the problem always returns.

Considering the age of this issue, and the fact that it persists, how come LMI dev team has not come up with a better solution?

Note: Presumably hardware or environment related. Does not happen on all devices, but for those where it does, there appears to be no reliable long-term solution.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@mavelo  As far as I can tell, this should only happen when a client suddenly loses connection or a host is dropped from the internet unexpectedly.  If you're seeing this happen when remote users successfully disconnect and the host is in good standing, then we'll want to look at the event logs there to see why LMI is getting its signals mixed:  https://support.logmeininc.com/central/help/how-do-i-contact-support 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mavelo
New Contributor

It does appear to be limited to lost connections, but if the host polled the client for keyboard, mouse or an active video stream (every minute, 5 minutes, configurable) that might be an easy way to identify and terminate hung sessions thereby fixing a known problem. My 2c