cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcalvillo
New Contributor

Sharing Access

I setup a user to access his own computer from home.  He was able to setup an account that had only his computer on it and it works fine.  However, another user in the same office needs the same access.  I setup a user for him a while ago and he never used it but it still shows as "Active".  When he went to login, he was only given the option to purchase LogMeIn?  Does anyone know how to get him an account where he doesn't have to pay?  Not sure why one works without having to pay and the other one doesn't?

2 REPLIES 2
mattgrant
Active Contributor

Re: Sharing Access

On the upper right of the LMI web page, where it shows what account is logged in/account holder, click on the little arrow pointing down and choose the shared account.

gcalvillo
New Contributor

Re: Sharing Access

Thanks Matt.  I figured it out and it is working fine.  Here is what i did:

1. Created a mew LMI account for each user.  
  2. Confirmed with them that they got an email authenticating the creation of the account.
  3.  Had them test that they could login
  4.  Created a user in my Pro Portal for them and gave them each access to their own computer
  5.  Sent the invite to share access
  6.  Confirmed they got that email and clicked the link to accept the share.
  7.  Had them login to their LMI account and since it was the only computer on the account it showed up as i suspected it would
  8.  Provided a little instruction on how to use the remote tool and that was it!

Thanks for your response.