cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dr_Q
New Contributor

Slow keyboard and mouse click response since OS updates

On 4/19 there was both MacOS update and a Windows 11 OS update.

I use a Mac with Logmein client Version 4.1.7853 (PlugIn: 1.0.2956) to connect to my Windows 11 machine at work. The MacOS updated to 12.6.5. After both MacOS and Win 11  updates, I am able to connect but there is a lag in response to the keyboard and mouse clicks. We have looked at the network card performance on the Win 11 machine. 

But I am wondering if maybe something in MacOS 12.6.5 is affecting the keyboard and mouse communication.

5 REPLIES 5
michael29
New Contributor

Re: Slow keyboard and mouse click response since OS updates

This is happening to me, also.  Did support reply? I've been trying to figure this out for a month now.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Dr_Q, @michael29, welcome to the GoTo Community. There is currently not a known issue with lagging after the update. If possible, can you connect to the host using another client device, or another network, to see if it's the client or the host? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Dr_Q
New Contributor

Thank you for the response @KateG . We did do several tests and feel relatively confident the issue was the Windows machine that I was remotely connecting to (I think that would make it the host). I was able to successfully able to connect to a different machine in our office so it did not seem to be an issue with my Mac or the the Logmein app.

After that we tried to focus on the network card driver. Yesterday I uninstalled the network card and then restarted the windows machine (to reload the driver). This seems to have fixed the problem for today. Will keep an eye on it as I continue to use the original setup.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Dr_Q that's good to know, thanks for sharing what helped. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
michael29
New Contributor

I have connected using my laptop, which is Windows and I do not have any issues.  Just my Mac.  I did not have any issues before until the buyout change.  It is frustrating.