cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jd_rust
New Contributor

Unable to connect to M1 Mac

I having an issue with a new setup on a M1 Mac Mini (running 12.5) and LogMeIn Central.  I've installed the host program on the Mac, but I'm unable to connect after a reboot.  Once someone has logged into the computer, then LogMeIn is available.  As far as I can tell, LogMeIn is set up to start running on boot.  Has anyone else experienced something similar?  

My first thought was the firewall, but I've turned this off for testing and this behavior persists.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GaborO
GoTo Contributor

Re: Unable to connect to M1 Mac

The reason of your problem must be that FileVault is turned on. When FileVault is turned on, your Mac always requires that you log in with your account password to access files on the disk since they are encrypted.

There is a workaround though: restart your Mac with the:

sudo fdesetup authrestart

command. The fdesetup utility can be used to remotely restart a Mac without needing physical in-person keyboard access to unlock FileVault on the next boot only.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GaborO
GoTo Contributor

The reason of your problem must be that FileVault is turned on. When FileVault is turned on, your Mac always requires that you log in with your account password to access files on the disk since they are encrypted.

There is a workaround though: restart your Mac with the:

sudo fdesetup authrestart

command. The fdesetup utility can be used to remotely restart a Mac without needing physical in-person keyboard access to unlock FileVault on the next boot only.

jd_rust
New Contributor

Thank you for that explanation.  You are correct, FileVault was turned on.  In this case, I think the most prudent move is to turn this off.  I have done so, and I can now connect after a reboot.  

Thanks again.