cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lyfords
New Contributor

"Connection Refused. Another remote control client is connected from..."

Just recently I've started getting this error when trying to connect to my home laptop from work:

Connection Refused.

Another remote control client is connected from xx.xx.xx.xx

I'm the only person that uses LogMeIn to connect to my home laptop.

The "xx.xx.xx.xx" IP address listed in the error is the public IP address of my workplace laptop, which is what I'm trying to use to connect to my home laptop.

Does anyone know how to clear out what I am guessing is a stale connection without having direct physical access to the remote computer?  I'd rather not have to drive home to resolve this. 🙂

15 REPLIES 15
RUBR777
Active Contributor

I still have the same problem after restart LogMeIn and the computer by using  Preferences > Advanced > Reboot Options.

Is there other options remotly? Command options? I am able to login by command prompt and file sharing...

Thanks,

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@RUBR777  Sorry about that.  Is this happening at all locations, or just one?  Does it hapen every time you connect to certain host computers?

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
tswaddell
New Contributor

I'm also having this problem, and can't find the "Restart LogMeIn" option referenced. Can you provide a screenshot, indicating where that option is found?
AshC
GoTo Moderator

HI @tswaddell ,

Here's the full guide for that operation:  https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/logmein-t-host-compman-reboot/

DmallWWP
New Contributor

I have this same issue on multiple laptops we service! Restarting LMI did not resolve this issue! What else you got? Thanks

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@DmallWWP  If this problem continues with specific PCs, have you been able to restart the OS at the host end manually?