cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRawr
New Contributor

Question regarding access to computer

Hi! I have a question regarding remote access: today IT asked me to access "secure.logmeinrescue.com/", to enter a code they gave me and to download a file. After they managed to solve my problem, the file I downloaded was gone and out of nowhere I had "logmein123" marked as a bookmark on the chrome browser. 

I'm wondering if there's any way to know if they can still access my computer, since there's nothing to uninstall and I can't know for sure if they logged out from my computer. 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Question regarding access to computer

Hi @MRawr, welcome to the community.

Rescue is typically used for individual support sessions where the software is automatically removed at the end of the session. The new bookmark is so you can quickly join a new support session in the future if the issue is not resolved or a new one comes up. 

Rescue does have an option for setting up unattended support so your IT can connect and work on your computer without you being present, however, you would have been prompted with messages asking you to approve this and the software would be visible in your system tray near the time.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @MRawr, welcome to the community.

Rescue is typically used for individual support sessions where the software is automatically removed at the end of the session. The new bookmark is so you can quickly join a new support session in the future if the issue is not resolved or a new one comes up. 

Rescue does have an option for setting up unattended support so your IT can connect and work on your computer without you being present, however, you would have been prompted with messages asking you to approve this and the software would be visible in your system tray near the time.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
MRawr
New Contributor

Hi Glenn! Thank you for the quick response and the clarity in your answer!