cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riley2121
New Contributor

Unattended Access Password Without Username

On some computers we are able to enter just a password to gain unattended access to a computer in our organization. However, on others, we are required to enter in a username (apparently this is set by the computer) and a password. I have poured through the Control Panel and Web GUI settings looking for the option to remove the need for a username and just have a password (most computers are being used as remote monitoring tools with no human user physically on site) but have been unsuccessful. Any answers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riley2121
New Contributor

Re: Unattended Access Password Without Username

Lorenza,

After going back and forth with their support for a few weeks over email, I finally got a resolution. They let me know that it's a bug in the software. To get the option to enter in an unattended password (User Access Code) without the need for entering in a username specific to the LogMeIn Client on each computer, you have to completely delete LogMeIn for the PC. Then re-download it and you should get the option then. A bit of a round-about solution, but I've tried it on a machine or two since and it's worked for me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Riley2121  Is this the Administrator Password that you're entering for some unattended computers

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Lorenza
New Contributor

i have exactly same problem does anyone found any solution?

Riley2121
New Contributor

Lorenza,

After going back and forth with their support for a few weeks over email, I finally got a resolution. They let me know that it's a bug in the software. To get the option to enter in an unattended password (User Access Code) without the need for entering in a username specific to the LogMeIn Client on each computer, you have to completely delete LogMeIn for the PC. Then re-download it and you should get the option then. A bit of a round-about solution, but I've tried it on a machine or two since and it's worked for me.