cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScubaStiv
Active Contributor

Unattended reboot password is logging user on automatically even though logmein session ended.

Hi all

I recently connected to a Windows 10 Enterprise machine that is on the domain. I captured the persons password so that i could perform unattended reboots.

Since closing the session, every time the person reboots their laptop, Windows logs them on automatically without them having to enter a password.

I deleted the LogmeIn files in C:\Program Files (x86) and also in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local and stopped any logmein services but the same thing occours.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScubaStiv
Active Contributor

Re: Unattended reboot password is logging user on automatically even though logmein session ended.

Hi All

Incase anyone is curious of the solution:

Basically AutoAdminLogon was left set as 1. Changing it back to 0 stopped the account automatically logging back in. I assume LogMeIn changes this setting and is supposed to revert it back. Perhaps the Windows Update interfered with this.

Disable AutoLogon

Key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
Value: AutoAdminLogon (REG_SZ)
Data: 0 (disabled)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Unattended reboot password is logging user on automatically even though logmein session ended.

Hi @ScubaStiv 

You should be able to help that user manage their login preferences themselves.  This article outlines the Windows process: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/how-to-stop-auto-l... 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ScubaStiv
Active Contributor

Hi All

Incase anyone is curious of the solution:

Basically AutoAdminLogon was left set as 1. Changing it back to 0 stopped the account automatically logging back in. I assume LogMeIn changes this setting and is supposed to revert it back. Perhaps the Windows Update interfered with this.

Disable AutoLogon

Key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
Value: AutoAdminLogon (REG_SZ)
Data: 0 (disabled)

ScubaStiv
Active Contributor

Note i was performing a Windows Feature Update for the using during this time. Hence my mention of it