cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schicked
Active Contributor

Re: Important information about changes to LastPass Free

Also, don't think this company cares about the loss of users who were using their FREE product.
Mandomatic
New Contributor

Thanks for the info Glenn but I've moved on to Bitwarden. I would mark this whole thing up to a failed and short sighted business move. Not being prepared for what amounts to a big move to a free user base indicates a company who is not responsive and uncaring which I think is a poor choice for people looking for experts in cyber security.
ColdForest
Active Contributor

...and the Families link in this post still shows the regular price.

KingNothing
New Contributor

"So many bitter, angry people over this private company's decision how to market their product. All this over $2.25/month. smh"

Is it a novel idea to you for people to publicly object to business practices they deem to be unsavory? What an odd (and pointless) post. Of course people make known their grievances  with businesses...and they absolutely should. Pointing out they're a private business is also completely irrelevant. Nobody here is saying they don't have a right to run their business how they wish (I'm a libertarian, for **bleep**'s sake). We're simply expressing our displeasure with how they've chosen to do it.

"Also, don't think this company cares about the loss of users who were using their FREE product."

Of course they care (if they have any sense at all). For one, they advertise how many people use their service as well as the average rating on the front page of their site. These stats include free users, and they're both likely to go down as a result of this. Secondly, word of mouth from free users which results in paying customers...is obviously a thing. Which way do you think that's going to go as a result of this, up or down?

paulsiu
Frequent Contributor

So I have moved all of the device to bitwarden. It wasn't difficult to do, but I was doing it using anydesk remoting, so it took a while, so this is probably goodbye. Thanks again for the last couple of years.

schicked
Active Contributor

Dunno, the guy above just said this was extortion. Seems like he certainly doesn't think they have a right to do this.

I think you are also failing to see how petty this all sounds over $2/month. 

Tags (1)
troyopholous
Active Contributor

Hey schicked, lots of paid users I know are leaving as well. They probably care about that.

Also stanning for lastpass...just no words, if a lot of people are upset its probably for a good reason. But good job defending their honor, I'm sure it means a lot to them.

Tags (1)
chadg
New Contributor

Glenn, the Family link added to the blog post does not have a discount.

schicked
Active Contributor

You keep up with other users? That's...interesting. Anyway, not sure why paid users would be leaving.

I don't have an issue now being asked to pay $2. Were I instead to immediately throw them under the bus for asking me to pay $2 for a product I've taken advantage of and enjoyed FOR FREE for years, that may be the very definition of petty.

WARIO
Active Contributor

I’m just mad that Lastpass won’t give me a reason. So I’m assuming they don’t give a crap