cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
golfinho63
Active Contributor

Re: Important information about changes to LastPass Free

Ok, thanks a lot to let me know about Bitwarden.
I will do the same as you.
Good by LastPass!

troyopholous
Active Contributor

This is a pure cash grab. Really disgusted by this behavior, it reeks of an executive sitting in a board room saying to themselves...hmm we have a good service, and we have a growing user base, but we need more MONEY.  OH I KNOW, LETS PISS OFF ALMOST OUR ENTIRE FREE USERBASE!

I really hope this backfires on you, I will now be migrating to a different password manager due to this.

Luca94
New Contributor

Bad choice. Uninstalled and deleted the account and switched to Bitwarden.

With this choice you have lost your customers, you have gone from being one of the best password managers on the market due to its free functions to the worst.

You cannot take away such a function. I use lastpass on the pc but if I need to access a site from the phone I can no longer do it and I have no intention of paying the premium.

Are you aware that your users will now all switch to bidwarden for your choices?

golfinho63
Active Contributor

After receiving an email from LastPass (<replies@m.lastpass.com>  about "Changes to LastPass Free") advertising me that "Beginning March 16, 2021, we will be introducing some changes to our LastPass Free experience, (...)", I can not access to the link supplied (UPGRADE NOW), because I´m redirected to a page that DOESN,T WORK, i.e: https://lastpass.com/saml/launch/sitecore?RelayState=/es/buy/premium
I really disagree with the changes introduced in Last Past Free, but it is surreal that it is not even possible to easily upgrade to premium version.

I strongly suggest that discounts for users (as me and many others) that have been using and have been recommending LastPass to colleages and friends during many years should be a BEST OFFER.
I will seriously consider switching to another application(s) for password management, ie: Bitwarden (as others users of LP suggest).
It was nice, but a change in time and cheaper can be much more attractive.

AufWiedersehen
New Contributor

This was a d!ck move.
Exported and deleted my passwords, and moved on to your competition.

e5c4p3artist
New Contributor

Goodbye Lastpass

Yeah, I could have replied to someone else's post, but I'd like to let Lastpass know they're losing another user. A long-time one too. I remember many moons ago when cross-platform was a premium feature in the first place, but a premium account was only $10/year back then. I paid it because that was a feature I needed. But now... not only is LP taking away a super important feature we all had, which ticks me off as much as it does all of you, but I have several family members that I've set up accounts for - kid in college, etc. Which as far as I can tell means that I'd not only have to pay for ONE premium subscription, but like FOUR of them. At today's price for a premium subscription, that's what...like $120 a year (rounded)?! I have better things to do with that kind of money. And Bitwarden has all the features I need for free. Goodbye Lastpass!

Edit: Looks like I could possibly get a Family Account for $48/year. But first of all, that's $48 more per year. And secondly, I'll have to check into it, but some of the people may not want to be tied to the same family of accounts, so it may not be the best solution. I'll look into it while Bitwarden is downloading.

aldksadf
New Contributor

Goodbye LastPass

You're going to charge us if we want to use LastPass on a computer AND a mobile device? Absurd.

Your service has gradually become worse and worse already, becoming clunkier and less intuitive month after month. Now you're going to force free users to pay if we have a single computer AND a single mobile device? Forget it. You're awful and this is the last straw.

Tags (1)
aldksadf
New Contributor

Goodbye LastPass. This is a slimy cash grab and considering that your service is often dysfunctional, clunky, and unintuitive on my mobile device already, you have given me a very good reason to switch to a competitor. 

troyopholous
Active Contributor

For anyone else disgusted by this behavior, you can switch to bitwarden which is an open source, secure platform which has much better pricing options.

Check here for how to export all of your data, I did it within a few minutes:

sanatarium
Active Contributor

At this point I find it appalling that Lastpass/LogMeIn haven't even RESPONDED to this thread yet. SAY SOMETHING!