cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julies
New Contributor

2 screens at work and a laptop and smart tv at home - how do I mirror the 2 screens at work please?

We use a logmein session to connect to our computers from home.  I use 2 screens at work and I thought by connecting my smart Tv by hdmi cable to my lapt top that I could get the laptop screen and TV working as 2 screens that would do the same as my pc at work.  However my laptop and the smart tv will only show the same screen and I need to switch between the two all the time.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: 2 screens at work and a laptop and smart tv at home - how do I mirror the 2 screens at work p...

@julies  Did you already set the smart TV as an 'extended display' in the Windows settings?

Once this is complete you should be able to utilize both the laptop monitor and connected TV as separate desktops.  At that stage, try to mirror your work's 2-monitor set up with your home (match resolutions).

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: 2 screens at work and a laptop and smart tv at home - how do I mirror the 2 screens at work p...

@julies  Did you already set the smart TV as an 'extended display' in the Windows settings?

Once this is complete you should be able to utilize both the laptop monitor and connected TV as separate desktops.  At that stage, try to mirror your work's 2-monitor set up with your home (match resolutions).

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
julies
New Contributor

Thank you - yes this works !  So much easier to work now!