cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philbud
Active Contributor

Computer unable to connect (weird problem)

I have a problem with one specific computer that is not connecting to LogMeIn. It's driven me nuts!

After a reboot this computer will not connect to LogMeIn but after a while (can be up to 2-4 days) it suddenly connects. I have tried everything without success. Time and date are correct, computer can go on the web (not a firewall issue), I reinstall LogMeIn on the computer. I have exactly the same computer on other sites and they don't have this problem.

I keep getting those error in the event monitor:

Screenshot of event viewer 

Anyone can help me with this?

4 REPLIES 4
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Computer unable to connect (weird problem)

Hi @philbud thanks for returning to the Community, nice to see you. 

Thanks for sharing your event viewer. A couple questions: 

• What OS does the computer run?
  •  Are there other computers on the same network running the same version of Windows that do not have this issue?
  • Has the computer connected normally in the past or is it a new computer they recently added?

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
philbud
Active Contributor

Hi @KateG ,

- It's a virtual machine running on a windows 7 with version 15242 (host software version of logmein). We cannot upgrade that computer because it runs old software.

- Yes other computer on same network are working with logmein but not same version of windows

- It connects but sometime it takes one full day and today after a restart it connected after 2 hours. Its' random...

It just strange that it take a long time to connect. With the log that I sent I thought that maybe someone had a reason for that...

Thanks for your help

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @philbud thanks for your response. 

There are a few reports of this recently with Windows 7.  A recommendation is to make sure you are fully updated especially on security related patches for windows, this one in particular.

The team has been alerted to this experience, thanks for your report. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
philbud
Active Contributor

Thank you, I will check that.