Forum Discussion

mwil
New Contributor
5 years ago

Kaspersy Updater filling up hard drive

Hello,
We've have had four computers now over the past two weeks where the Kaspersky updater cache folder fills up (\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\UCPStorage) all available free disk space.
The first time we noticed this I called LogMeIn support, the person we spoke to wasn't aware of the issue but said to just delete all the files in the folder. This does seem to alleviate the issue but doesn’t solve it. LogMeIn support didn’t seem interested in investing this any further when I spoke to them, I was hoping for some confirmation that it was noted, at least written on a sticky note and stuck on a wall somewhere.
Anyone else experience this?

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

mwil As far as I know, we are transitioning very quickly away from Kaspersky with LogMeIn security instead.  Are you interested in swapping these security solutions moving forward, as I don't believe we'll be supporting Kaspersky users for very long?

mwil
      New Contributor

Hello AshC , 

The Kaspersky tool I am refering to is Applicaiton updater (On my LogMeIn Central page this is found under Updates\Applications).  I believe what you are refering to is the Anti-virus tool that is under Antivirus\Manage.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

mwil I've received confirmation that LogMeIn is moving away from the Kaspersky updater tool soon. Although I don't have an exact time yet, it is on the roadmap for H1.