Forum Discussion

LukeS
Active Contributor
4 days ago

Trouble logging in to virtual servers running 15702

We have started noticing that we can get to the Ctrl+Alt+Del lock screen of serval servers but cannot pass the saved password or press the key combination to get to the unlock page.

The other functions (remote CMD and remote file explorer) are working just fine and we have rebooted the servers and tried logging in from the web portal with no change.

On some of the servers we have access to other systems on the same network and can RDP to the servers with no trouble so the Windows OS and login process appear to be running just fine.

The only pattern we have seen is that they are all VM's and are all running LMI build 15702.

Any thoughts or help with this?

• Same here. Thanks to this post I was able to make a workaround.

Go to link below and download previous version from July.

Remove 15702 and replace it with this 15576.

Since my server is in use, I ignored the restart request during the uninstall / reinstall process and had no problem accessing it afterwards.

https://logmein.en.uptodown.com/windows/download/1018962008

Hope this helps someone.

LukeS
      Active Contributor

We also found a temporary workaround in that if someone on the local network can log in to the VM with a RDP session and restarts the LogMeIn services while the RDP session is active then the new LogMeIn connection will have a "Terminal" option where it can swap to use the RDP terminal and can pass the Ctrl+Alt+Del key as normal.

(not a real solution but something). 

MarkusSTS
        Active Contributor

We are seeing the same. I assume still no solution other than workarounds using other terminal software, and disabling automatic updates.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi LukeS

Welcome to the Community.

Our team can review this for you, but need further information. I've sent you a PM requesting additional information, please check your messages. Thanks. 

LukeS
      Active Contributor

Hi KateG, i received the message but don't see an option to reply to it in the mailbox. I tried to reply to the notification email but that bounced back. 

After posting to the community we ran into the issue with other systems and eventually contacted support over the phone. They collected a debug log from the system and requested a video of the issue so hopefully a solution is already being worked on via 20753464 

The issue is impacting virtual systems running Windows Server 2012R2 as well as Server 2019. 

imsijohn
        New Contributor

Same problem occuring on our client's VM server

BobD2
      Visitor

Any fix for this? I am having this problem on my servers as well.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

LukeS

Sorry about that, we moved to a new platform and may need to update permissions for PMs. 

Otherwise, thanks for this information, I see that the case has been escalated and they are working on a fix. 

JAAS
    Active Contributor

This is happening to us too on a Windows Server 2012R2.

In our case this is a physical server, not virtual.

Moving back from 15702 to 15576 worked.

I hope LogMeIn people fix this quicky but I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time until every other computer in my account makes the update to 15702 and all hell breaks loose

GlennD
      GoTo Manager

Hi JAAS, roll out of  build 15702 was already halted so no other computers would update and be affected.