Forum Discussion

ecdrew1994
Active Contributor
8 days ago

GoToResolve Agent Issues

Anyone have any issues with the GTR agent not automatically updating? I've read that there should be prompts, but I personally haven't seen any prompts for it aside from the GTR console. This also leaves me wondering if my end-users will have to click through a prompt to get the agent updated, which they will likely decline because the truth of the matter is that end-users hate updates. Guess that leads me to my next question, do the agents even have the functionally to auto-update?

Also, other issues, we just purchased GoToResolve and we've deployed the agent to about 30 test computers and the agent will go offline randomly, when switching from wired to wireless and even going to our VPN, this also is still occurring even after having our Networking team whitelist everything, they are still actively looking into it so it could be completely on our end, which is likely the case because I notice that issues specifically occur once I put the computer with an agent onto our internal network but if I put it on our guest network, it seems to do fine or "better" doesn't seem perfect. Really, I just noticed that when restarting the computer without a network cable and connecting the guest Wi-Fi it would instantly connect upon restart and then restarting with a cable plugged in...the agent wouldn't go online at all. However, if I switch to guest on an already running computer, it still doesn't come back online if it's already offline.

Any guesses? Any advice? I do have a support ticket in, they are looking into it still and have been for at least a month now, maybe two. They mentioned that they think it might be a "bad" driver, but the chances of 30 computers all having this exact driver that could be bad just doesn't seem likely to me, maybe it is, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around this. We've been trying to figure this out for a couple of months, overall with no luck. 

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi ecdrew1994

Welcome to the Community.  I see the development team was looking at your case, we are asking for an update and will follow-up with you. Thanks for your patience.