Forum Discussion

DustyD
Active Contributor
4 months ago

Recent changes to mouse behavior?

I've noticed recently that the mouse behavior has changed when in a remote session.  For instance, when dragging a window I must click the mouse again in order to release the window. Conversely if I click a window, it's not necessary to hold the mouse button while moving the window. I have known this to be ClickLock in the past but my local laptop is not using the feature. What gives? 

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi DustyD,

I do not believe we have made any changes to remote control that would cause this, can you provide some more details? How a many client computers have you experienced this with? If you host the support session from a different computer does it still happen?

DustyD
      Active Contributor

All client computers that I have been in a remote session with have exhibited this behavior.

I just used another device to connect a remote session, and it also behaved this way,

Each computer that I have run GoToResolve with (web-based using Edge) are laptops and I always use an external mouse. ClickLock is not enabled on any of my devices.

DustyD
        Active Contributor

Edit 7/26 This issue is still bugging me on almost every remote session. The remote mouse behaves as if the Clicklock setting is turned on, which it isn't on either the client or technician desktop.

Sorry, am a little behind on updates. I checked earlier today after a Windows update and reboot, and found that it's no longer occurring. I also launched and updated the G2R Desktop Console and it's not occurring there either! #ghostinthemachine #manicmonday