Forum Discussion

relianceadmin
Active Contributor
5 years ago

Can't login on Fresh Windows 7 install

Good day,

I installed GTA Expert on a fresh Windows 7 install and I cannot log into the software. I get the login screen where it asks for the username, which I type in. Clicking "next" doesn't do anything. It just sits there at the login. I have network connections and I was able to use the software a few days ago on the exact same machine before I had to reinstall Windows.

I've downloaded the installer fresh from the website. The program sits in the system tray, not indivating any problems.

I can login to the web interface on Chrome and see all the remote amchines, but I can't launch the opener.

What am I doing wrong? GTA used to run on anything and everything with none of this trouble.

GlennD
    5 years ago

Hi,

For a fresh install of Windows 7 you need to install Service Pack 3 before you will be able to run GoToAssist. This is because we no longer support legacy versions of TLS. This is also why Windows XP will not work with GoToAssist.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi there,

You mentioned you had to recently reinstall the entire Windows 7 operating system.  May I ask why this was needed?

relianceadmin
      Active Contributor

The install was about 6 years old, moved over from another SSD a couple years ago and has gone through a couple video card swaps. I was having problems with a current video card driver conflicting with an old driver that had some leftover bits in the system that I couldn't find. It was at the point that it was just easier to reinstall, which solved the video card problem.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

Are you able to test the connection with a different or completely new user account there?