Forum Discussion

Rolf1
New Contributor
7 years ago

GoToAssist Mac 64bit application

With Apple starting to stop supporting 32bit applications on macOS, when are we likely to see a 64bit version of the software released?

GlennD
    5 years ago

Hi josh21293235 

Regular (default) Build will be released on October 19, 2019

• All agents whose account update settings are configured for Regular Updates or Regular & Beta Updates will receive an update of the latest version (v4.7, b1673) for the GoToAssist Expert and Customer desktop applications on of Saturday, October 19, 2019.   Please see below for the changes included in this release.

I am not sure when it will be approved for Regular updates, I would expect it will take at least a week of real-world testing. Once you have set your account to use the new version, your existing Unattended computers will start self-updating to it and all of your Attended sessions will use that version as well.

Update the GoToAssist Desktop Applications   

1.  Sign in to your account on the website
    2.  From the menu on the top right select Manage People and Devices
    3.  Select Admin Settings
    4.  Scroll down to Build Version Updates in GoToAssist Remote Support and click Edit
    5.  Select Regular & Beta Updates then click Save 
    6.  Once you have done that go back to your Dashboard page (up.gotoassist.com) and Start a support session to trigger the download and install the new Expert version on your Mac running Catalina. If you haven't upgraded your Mac to Catalina yet you can also just exit the App and launch it agin to trigger the update.
    GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi Rolf1,

I am checking with our team but, it is my understanding that we are already prepared for this change.