Forum Discussion

john81
8 years ago

Group policy is blocking the installer from running in app data ( due to security) Help!

We cant run go to assist since yesterday, no changes our side, could it be that the installer location has changed to users/appdata ?
    AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi John,
    Can you provide some more detail about how you are installing and what is happening exactly?

• I am seeing the same thing.  used to work OK now users cannot launch the app
    GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi John,

We haven't changed the install location, can you provide some more detail about how you are installing and what is happening exactly?

516-Andrew
      New Contributor

I got this from my SysAdmin, am working on figuring it out myself now. Happened again. Did it in June, also. Fixed by our IT Service Dept then. Thought I'd share. I'm thinking it mat occur when my browser - or something - updated itself. Windows? Reg-Edit, here I come...

From my IT guys:

Here is the error:

Access to C:\Users\ <myuserID> \AppData\Local\GoTo Opener\GoTo Opener.exe has been restricted by your Administrator by location with policy rule {A512C122-DDC5-4C5D-882E-04165674DD67} placed on path C:\Users\ <myUserID>\AppData\Local\*\*.exe.

Never seen this before but this is a Windows issue.  Need to figure out where this policy is and remove it.

printerhelpcent
        New Contributor

don't know if I'm allowed to put links in here, but the answer to this one was the one that worked. Thank you Arrows Kevin! Auteur! Worked with 2. (And my IT guy thanks for finding this article.)

you can follow these links for more information

brother printer offline fix

canon printer error b200