Forum Discussion

cdavis714
Active Contributor
7 years ago

MacOS Mojave Privacy Setting Causes Chicken or Egg Dilemma

Recently installed the latest version of MacOS as of 20180924 (Mojave) on a test laptop. The first issue I have noticed is that when connecting to this client for the first time, it will not allow th...
    6 years ago

All,

As the OP, I appreciate everyone's feedback over the past year (in two days...) on this issue.

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this solution yet, but I believe I've (finally) figured out something that works... at least for me. 

New Computer:

• When setting up the new Mac (with Mojave), install GoToAssist Unattended as usual.
      • Note that after the install, you'll notice nothing new show up in the Privacy settings... and it would only show up when trying to connect later on and control.
    • To get ahead of this, navigate to the privacy settings accessibility window
    • Separately, in Finder, navigate to 

/Library/Application\ Support/GoToAssistRemoteSupport/GoToAssist\ Customer.app/Contents/Helpers

• Find the file, "g2ax_launchagent_customer"
    • Click and drag that file into the "Allow the apps below to control your computer" window.
      • Note that this needs admin, but if you're performing the install of unattended support then that would be expected regardless.

Existing Computer - Mojave Upgrade:

• Follow the same steps as above for a new computer, skipping the install of GoToAssist Unattended (assuming it's already installed)
    • After adding the file to the accessibility window, continue to upgrade to Mojave

At this point, the computer is ready to be given to the user. You should now be able to use GoToAssist and control the computer.