Forum Discussion

Rock Creek Solu
Active Contributor
12 years ago

Allow for Posting Video in Knowledge Base Articles or Incident Responses

I often have training videos, walkthroughs or tutorials that would work nicely in resolving customer incidents or questions. I would like to be able to include these either in a knowledge base article or in the incident response itself. In a way, Citrix is already doing this for itself, consider the introductory videos that show up when a new user signs into Service Desk.

This would be a major time saver for my company. Currently, the best we can do is post the video to an external site and then post a link in the knowledge base or incident response.

I want my customers to spend plenty of time in the portal: searching other incidents, reading knowledge base articles -- and hopefully soon -- watching my custom training videos.
    Luke Grimstrup
    Retired GoTo Contributor
    At the moment our text editor offers basic formatting and we don't currently allow for embedded videos within those fields.

I do think this is a good idea, and I've seen this feature requested a few times in the past. In the meantime, I recommend linking to where the video is hosted, links that appear in those note fields will always open in a new tab.