Forum Discussion

Jenya Smith
12 years ago

Customize Dashboard look and feel (custom fields)

I'd like to see a global dashboard feature, where I would be able to customize the fields that are displayed in a dashboard. For example, in addition to seeing Incident/problem number, Title, assignee and a due date, I want to see one of the custom fields I created.

• Thank you very much Kevin, your suggestion did the trick for us. Along with that I enabled the one for Custom reports as well with tat things are heaps better than it use to be.

Thanks Again

Kevin Ruschman
    Active Contributor
    Rangana, you need to go to Settings - Account-Wide Settings and go to the Labs tab. There make sure that the Customize Your Dashboard option is checked.
  • Hi Guys,

We started using GoToAssist Service Desk what is the reason Dashboad Customization link(Gear Icon) unavailable for us ? Pease refer below image.

Appreciate if you can shed some light on how to resolve it :-D

Cheers

Bcshay
    Active Contributor
    Are you referring to the Incident Form? It's there...
    Sharon Kopf
    New Contributor
    is there a way to bring back the Watchlist check box option when we have this Customize Dashboard option turned on? It would be very helpful for us.
    dbhayman
    Active Contributor
    Hello Everyone,

We've updated Service Desk for customizable columns. Here's a quick How To video which outlines the process.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

David Hayman
    IT Community Manager
  • Luke, what's the timing for this? The most frequent issue I have is the inclusion of custom fields on reports and on the dashboards.
    Luke Grimstrup
    Retired GoTo Contributor
    Hi Jenya,

This is a frequently requested feature and is something we have right around the corner on the Service Desk roadmap.

We plan to allow users to customize the columns they see on their dashboards, and in their reports.

You'll no doubt see the in-app announcement when this is released, but we'll update this thread when it's available too :)

Luke