Forum Discussion

Harmel Deanne
8 years ago

Unsolicited calls

Wow! I just received a call from someone posing as a Microsoft consultant and ask me to to go my computer to enter a code and when I told them that I did not want to do so and hung up. He called several times and started cursing me. He called from the following numbers: 800-642-7676 and 585-296-1580
    GlennD
    GoTo Manager
    Hi Cynthia, remote support connections are single use, so they would not be able to reconnect to your computer unless you went to the website and entered a new session ID that they provided you.
  • I had the same thing happen on August 19 and didn't write down the nine digit code either.  I am concerned about what this scammer can still do now after allowing him to view my computer with the GoToAssist site.
  • I did not write it down.  I started to type it on the box and deleted it once I realized that how he was rushing me to do so.  Then he called me back five times and started cursing me, so I blocked him.
    GlennD
    GoTo Manager
    Hi Harmel,

Did they ask you to go to our fastsupport.com website and enter in a 9 digit support session key? If so, do you still have that 9 digit code? We can use that to terminate their account with us.