Forum Discussion

schiras
Active Contributor
4 years ago

Hand Raising

Hand raising has been requested for years.  It's really hard to explain to people why we should use GoToMeeting over the privacy hole laden zoom product, when such a basic feature is not available.  It also makes it difficult to hold meetings.

And while gotowebinar has the hand raise feature, dial-in participants have no way to raise their hand nor are they displayed in the attendee list, so we can't even control their mic.

Seems to be a major disconnect here between basic needs/functions and what LogMeIn is offering 

• We are pleased to announce that Hand Raising is now available in the new GoTo App experience! Check out this article for more information. 

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi schiras 

Hand raising is available to attendees joining a GoToMeeting through their web browser,  and we plan to roll it out to all users in a future update.

Hand raising requires the attendee to join the webinar or meeting using our software, if they are only dialing in by telephone they will not have the option. If you have attendees dialing in to the Panelist number but not joining via the software and entering their PIN, you will have trouble managing their audio. The best practice is to have these people join your webinar as regular attendees through our software and unmute them as necessary.

schiras
      Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

thank you for your answer,  future update???
      I think it will be too late for us. 
      We are waiting for a long time (2013)  and we are forced to switch.

Browser-Web-Version is not stabile, slow and has problems with webcams. (Firefox ?)

kind regards

schiras

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

schiras  Our web client is best in Chrome, but we plan to add Firefox support this year.

Bert1

Hi, i also need the hand raising feature very urgently, in my web app i cannot see a hand symbol ( i am organizer, Professional License, go to meet)

Jebross613
      Active Contributor

I wish I could get my attendees using the web browser, instead Gotomeeting always insists on downloading!

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

Jebross613  Soon GoTo will ask each attendee how they want to join, and we are introducing Hand Raising to the desktop + mobile software shortly.