Forum Discussion

Laisre
Active Contributor
8 days ago

Help: GoTo saving local recordings despite settings

"Save recordings in the cloud" is marked in my settings, which is working fine. But it is also saving recordings locally on my computer in my Documents folder. What's up with that? This never happened for years that I've used GoToMeeting before. It is only a recent issue.

Also can I take the opportunity to state it is quite a bizarre decision for videos to be saved to the "Documents" folder, when most OS have a built-in "Videos" folder. The old GoToMeeting app allowed a choice of where videos were saved, if I recall correctly. Sadly another feature missing in the new GoTo app.

Side note: The https://community.logmein.com/notifications endpoint seems to be broken (loads then fails with errors: "TypeError: Cannot destructure property 'uid' of 'e' as it is undefined.")

• Hi Laisre,

I just tested this and was able to recreate this issue, it has been reported to the team. I did not see the issue you described about Community Notifications, however we did just update the community recently and there may be some odd behavior with browser cookies.

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi Laisre,

I just tested this and was able to recreate this issue, it has been reported to the team. I did not see the issue you described about Community Notifications, however we did just update the community recently and there may be some odd behavior with browser cookies.

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

Laisre I've checked and the local recording copy was added as a back up feature in case there is any issue with the Cloud version. Right now there isn't a toggle to turn it off.