Forum Discussion

Chazwell
New Contributor
3 months ago

Tablet disconnects from Host PC when opening additional window(s)

I hope someone can help me with this. I use Gtomypc on my office PC and I connect remotely using my iPad. It works fine except while on my iPad, if I open or switch to another window (multitask), I soon disconnect from my host PC. Does anyone know of a solution? Thanks for your help.

Charles E.

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi Chazwell, welcome to the community.

I believe what is happening is when you switch apps the GoToMyPC app is put in a suspended state, and ultimately times out. There is an iOS feature called background app refresh that you can enable that may keep the GoToMyPC app 'awake' in the background.

Chazwell
      New Contributor

GlennD,

Thanks so much for your reply. The GoToMyPC app does not show up in the list of apps under Background App Refresh on my iPad or my iPhone. Is there any way around that? Thanks for your help.

Chaz

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

Hi Chazwell,

Please check if your GoToMyPC App version is updated to version 6.2.3099.0, or if there is an update available?

Chazwell
      New Contributor

GlennD,

Thank you so much for your reply. The Gotomypc app does not appear in the list of apps under Background App Refresh in Settings on my iPad. It looks like every other app I have is there and all have refresh turned on. I also checked my iPhone, same thing. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you.

Chazwell

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

Unfortunately, I do not have an iOS device handy to test with, I wonder if the GoToMyPC App shows up in the list while you are in an active session? I will run this past the team tomorrow when I meet with them.