Forum Discussion

Marydela
Active Contributor
2 months ago

Being muted in session when typing into chat box

Hello one of our trainers (who has used GTT for a long time) has found she is being auto muted every time she types into chat. Has any one else come across this ? Is this a feature she has somehow turned on inadvertently ?

Any feedback greatly appreciated 

ShadowPeak
      Active Contributor

Other than looking at the microphone icon in meeting controls to ensure you're not muted before starting to speak, no.  Even then several times I would start talking and advancing slides only to have my attendees tell me I was muted, rather embarrassing as I leave myself unmuted in meeting controls when I'm presenting and use my local microphone mute button.

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

JBrum , ShadowPeak this has been reported to the team and is being worked on internally. The issue occurs when users are in an unmuted state and press the spacebar in flexible layout, with push to talk disabled. 

The one workaround you may want to try is to use the merged view versus flexible layout (pop-out). (I couldn't replicate this initially because my view was merged.)

I will keep this thread updated on the status, thanks for your reports and patience. 

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi jyp welcome to the GoTo Community, 

I'm not able to replicate this and there isn't an auto mute in GoTo Training, can you provide more details? What device are they using? When they start to chat what happens, how do they see they are muted? 

Also, one suggestion is they may have Hold Space to talk enabled and they would need to hold the space bar to be heard. 

ShadowPeak
      Active Contributor

Every time I hit the space bar when typing into the chat window I get automatically muted in the meeting controls.  This started about 2 weeks ago and never happened before that.  Hold space to talk is not set.  Clearly this is an attempt to replicate Zoom's behavior of toggling the microphone off and on with space bar, but this should not happen when focus is on the chat window and typing is happening.  There does not seem to be any way to shut this new feature off, please provide the option to do so as it is extremely annoying.

ShadowPeak
        Active Contributor
        Version 0.135.1 on a Windows PC running the regular software, not in a web browser
      Marydela
      Active Contributor

Hi

Thanks for the response I will ask the trainer to check that next time she is in a session 

Best regards

Mary