Forum Discussion

jyp
New Contributor
2 months ago

Add caption file to the webinar recording

Hi there, 

I'm wondering if I can integrate a caption file into webinar recordings. If yes, in  which format - like SRT or VTT format?

Also I'd like to know if there are available options for adding captions instead of generating captions from Gotowebinar. 

Thank you in advance!

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi jyp welcome to the GoTo Community. 

I'm not familiar with a caption file, Closed Caption methods are listed in this article.

Are you currently using the new GoTo Webinar Closed Caption beta? 

jyp
      New Contributor

Hi KateG , thank you for your response.

Typically, we conduct live webinars and later repurpose the recordings for on-demand viewing.

We are planning to include captions in the recorded webinars from the live sessions, translating them into 5 different languages. Due to the translation requirements, we have opted to utilize a third-party tool for adding captions instead of using the GoToWebinar Closed Caption beta.

In order to incorporate captioning provided by the third-party tool, I am seeking clarification on whether we can simply upload the caption file, usually in VTT or SRT file format, alongside the video to generate closed captions for the recorded webinar.

Please let me know if you need further clarification. Thanks.

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

Hi jyp

Thanks for getting back to me, I followed up with the team and was told that the option to upload a caption file is currently unavailable in the video library. 

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please let me know.