Forum Discussion

mathew1969
5 months ago

How do I get my recordings with my cameras after the webinar?

I did my webinar with a powerpoint presentation and a webcam but at the end of the session, my recording only had the powerpoint presentation and not the webcam. I spoke to GTW support and they said that it was because I saved the recording locally on my computer and not on the cloud. But that does not make sense, since I had a window pop up after webinar that asked me whether I wanted to convert my recording to MP4 and when I said yes, it converted it and put it on my local drive. 

Is there a version on the cloud that has my webcam that I can retrieve?   

Thanks.

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi mathew1969, welcome to the community.

The support rep was correct, if you use the local recording option and record directly to your computer only the shared screen and audio conference are captured. If you want to capture the shared webcams as well you need to select the Cloud recording options instead.  Get Started with Recording

The webcam stream is separate from the shared screen, it has a much higher refresh rate and uses more data. In our testing, including the webcam stream in the local recording while you are Presenting and sharing your screen typically resulted in performance issues which affected the webinar because it was too much for the average computer.