Forum Discussion

DebraGill
New Contributor
7 months ago

New GoToWebinar

I switched over to the new platform, ad was smart enought to do a test webinar first.  In the old platform we would have guest organizers and would add them to the list and they would receive their join link. Once I started the session (not the actual start boardcast) the organizers would be able to come in to set up and I would switch them to presenters.  When using the new version it does not work that way anymore. When the guest organizer clicks the link it gives them a message that says the organizer has not started the webinar. It was started, because I was waiting for them to join. When I phone GTW, I was told that my organizers did not have a license. Since when do guest organizers/presenters need a license? So I had to switch back to the old version.  Please do not roll out a new version if it does not work.  I was very disappointed, and hope they fix this issue.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi DebraGill welcome to the GoTo Community

Thanks for trying the GoTo Webinar Beta. 

Co-organizers and panelists do not require a license. I apologize for any confusion during your support call.

Did you enter using Practice mode? Organizers and panelists should be able to join when in practice mode while attendees can not.  

DebraGill1

No, this was not a pratice. I set up a dummy webinar and started it like I normally do.  When I start a webinar I wait for the actual speakers to come in, then I give them the controls and make them the presenter.  It would not let them in, even thought I listed them in oganizers and they received the link. It kept saying the organizer has not started the session yet or something to that effect. When I called to ask about it that was when I was told that they had to have a license which is ridiculous. 

Debra

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

DebraGill1 I just started a webinar and the message said that you are in pre-broadcast mode and can speak with other organizers and panelists, so they should be able to enter. I'm going to try a test webinar and invite others and see if there is anything wrong.