Forum Discussion

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor
5 years ago

Play video embedded in PowerPoint and mix multiple computers and cameras to a GoToWebinar -

Have you ever wanted to play a video embedded in a PowerPoint file through GoToWebinar but can't because the audience sees a jumpy video with a low frame rate? Or you want to show off a computer p...
    5 years ago

11 Feb Second Update - The desktop apps for GTT and GTM won't work with the ATEM unless you can find an "IT Professional" who can whitelist certain ports in Windows 10 systems to allow them to receive video for GTT and GTM.  In other words, unless you want to screw with your registry files in hopes of making GTT or GTM work, you might want to investigate other web conference providers that just treat the ATEM Mini like a webcam.  (It looks like Chris was using a Mac, so it looks like Macs don't have this problem)

11 Feb Update - this post was marked as an answer too soon.  Got the ATEM Mini, and it works with everything EXCEPT GoToTraining and GoToMeeting.  Support is telling me that the ATEM is "too professional" for GoToTraining and it only supports simple webcams.  Still trying to make it work, but not looking good.  This could be a deal breaker for GTT going forward.

ORIGINAL POST:

Thank you - this is really helpful.  I ordered an ATEM Mini earlier this week and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.  This device will do a lot to make my GoToTraining sessions a lot more professional.  I've been frustrated a long time by the inability to zoom smoothly and control the focus of webcams, and now I can use a real camera to capture my video.