Forum Discussion

Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor
3 years ago

Please direct me to information about virtual events and streaming

I noticed the new "Virtual Events" and options for streaming on my GoToWebinar license, but I have not hear a word about the functionality. Can someone direct me to information about how this works and what it is all about?

AshC
    3 years ago

Hi Fran_Simon 

We recently upgraded many accounts to increase the maximum capacity of GoToMeeting sessions, as well as offer Virtual Event services specifically for this purpose:  

• Events can be live or recorded, and all content will be available on-demand during or after the scheduled event.
    • Agenda can be customized to reflect brand and corporate identity.
    • Reporting is available at all times to improve audience engagement.

Attendees will register once for the virtual event regardless of how many or which sessions they plan to attend. Once registered, they can view a countdown to the event, choose to be reminded of a specific session, and more.  A full FAQ can be found online here: https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/virtual-events-faqs 

Regarding the 'streaming' reference, I believe this is in regards to simultaneous live-streaming onto other platforms, but feel free to post an image of what you're seeing if it is different than this support guide: https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/how-do-i-live-stream-my-webinar-to-other-platforms-like-youtube-and-facebook 

Chris Droessler
      Respected Contributor

I was excited to read about the breakout rooms, however I was hoping that would be just part of the new GoToWebinar.

Fran_Simon
        Valued Contributor

I am super confused. I thought virtual events were bundled into my GTW account because I see the tab at the top of my dashboard, (I have a pro account for up to 3,000 attendees.) Also, I see a "stream" function available to me as well, but ZERO information about either.  That one-pager tells me nothing. SIGH.