Forum Discussion

ESmith
12 months ago

Recording also captured cursor of organizer using control panel.

We recorded a webinar which we rebroadcast as a recorded webcast. The recording, disappointingly, also captured our computer cursor running across the screen. While it did not record the organizer dashboard, it recorded my cursor locations where I was managing the webinar (mute, show camera etc). This resulted in a very distracting little arrow moving around our entire presentation. How do we ensure this does not happen in future recording sessions? I was also disappointed that it showed the controls to forward the power point slides, which was also a location where our cursor was distracting--it captured everytime we moved the cursor to forward a slide. Looking for how to suppress these things for future sessions.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi ESmith welcome to the GoTo Community. 

To ensure that your future webinar recordings do not capture the cursor movements and other distractions, you may want to try the following: 

Use Presentation Mode in PowerPoint:

If you're using PowerPoint for your presentations, use the built-in "Presentation Mode." This mode hides your cursor, and it also removes the controls for forwarding slides, making the recording cleaner.

Utilize a Secondary Monitor:

If you have a second monitor available, the recording on the primary screen will only capture your

presentation, and the cursor movements on the secondary screen won't be visible.

Practice and Test:

Before each recording session, run a test recording to ensure that everything looks and works as expected. This will allow you to identify and resolve any issues beforehand