Forum Discussion

cobi1024
Active Contributor
6 days ago

Hamachi on Windows 11 ARM

Great to finally see support for Windows 11 on ARM. However, my connection keeps disconnecting every few minutes, requiring me to power off (or disconnect) and then powering back on (reconnecting). This is on the newest Surface Pro 11, both while tethered on hotspot or wifi.

Can you guys update Hamachi such that it's more reliable like it is on Windows x86? Would love to keep using the service if possible, but not if it keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes or so while transferring files for a Teams call.

• We received new Surface Pro laptops with ARM processors and our team is experiencing this exact issue.

cobi1024
      Active Contributor

Yes, it's unfortunate. I was really hoping that the updates would've been sufficient. I would gladly pay a little extra per year to keep using this service, since it's the best for my current workflow. I took quite a big hit when support for M-series Apple chips stopped, and have stopped using Macs for this reason. I think GoTo needs to realize that many computers will be moving to non x86-64 architectures in the future. Just the volume of ARM computers available today seems to be equally the same as x86-64 versions (I've personally been looking for the Zenbook S16 which hasn't been available).

I did get an email from a rep and opened a ticket about a week or two ago. GlennD - can you assist? My customer care guy was Gerardo. I really hope that this gets resolved. It's quite inconvenient to have to keep powering off and on just to reset the connection. Even a powershell script to automatically disconnect and reconnect every 5 minutes would be better than having to use a UI - if you have an API guide, that'd be helpful. Lieutenant172 response snippet below:

Hello ,

Thank you for reaching out and for your continued support of Hamachi over the past decade. I’m glad to hear that it’s been working well for you overall and that you’ve been able to use it with Windows 11 on ARM devices.

However, I understand that you're experiencing issues with reliability on your Surface Pro 11. Currently, Hamachi is optimized for Windows x86-64 architecture, and I regret to inform you that at this time, there are no plans to release updates aimed at improving compatibility with ARM-based chip devices. I realize how inconvenient this can be, especially since your x86-64 machines are working without issue.

Please know that we take feedback seriously, and I will share your experience with our development team for future consideration. In the meantime, if you have any questions or need assistance with your setup, don’t hesitate to reach out—we're happy to help as much as we can within the current framework.

Thank you for your understanding, and we truly appreciate your loyalty to Hamachi.

Best regards,

Gerardo |  Customer Care