Forum Discussion

Ericatdmi
Active Contributor
7 years ago

Bring Back All Color Quality Options

Starting about a couple weeks ago, when I connect to client computers there are only the 3 highest color quality options available to select.

There used to be 6.

Typically I would set the quality to the lowest color option to improve the speed/responsiveness of the connection since I don't need the full video quality. 

Anyone know how to get all of the options back? Or has LogMeIn done away with the lower quality settings?

*** UPDATE *** 2/1/2019

So this still seems to be an issue. I just wanted to repost my work around on the top message for anyone that might not read through the whole thread:

For anyone that needs the lower video quality settings, here is a link to the last version of the Client app (1.3.3987) that had all 6 video quality settings. Files are in a ZIP with a README file detailing how to run the old version. The first time it launches, it will notify about an available update. Make sure to select "skip this update". Hopefully this will hold us over until LMI can get their act together and provide us the tools we need, especially since they keep jacking their prices up on us.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtQflLceTy6fojN0KnGOKgZ3XwGM

remoted
    Active Contributor

Add me to the list of unhappy. 

With 10k units over CELLULAR connections, this is a huge impact on us!

Ericatdmi
    Active Contributor

For anyone that needs the lower video quality settings, here is a link to the last version of the Client app (1.3.3987) that had all 6 video quality settings. Files are in a ZIP with a README file detailing how to run the old version. The first time it launches, it will notify about an available update. Make sure to select "skip this update". Hopefully this will hold us over until LMI can get their act together and provide us the tools we need, especially since they keep jacking their prices up on us.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtQflLceTy6fojN0KnGOKgZ3XwGM

remoted
      Active Contributor

Does anyone have any hard numbers on the bandwidth difference?

Any the actual date of the change?

InterNetworkIT
      Active Contributor

Ericatdmi - You're doing God's work today.  I looked for a way to download the old version from places like FileHippo, etc.  I have one laptop with the old version but it didn't have the download file anymore, so this is much appreciated.  Going to install it on my computers now, thanks!

FANA_

@Ericatdmi THANK YOU, you are a live saver. I've called LogMeIn support, opened a case with them, sent emails to feedback@logmein.com to no avail. I've looked everywhere for old installer to bring the old version back on my computer. Glad I didn't update my Android app, so still have the limited color option there. Now thanks to Ericatdmi my Windows boxes will have that option available.

ultramax_99

Come on logmein!! with all the price increase you go and remove feature, why werent we consult with it.... this is dissappointing... I m in oz, out internet speed here is not the best and rely ont he black and white screen for support. Bring it back or else i will be moving to another client.:smileymad::smileymad::smileymad:

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Ericatdmi I apologize for any confusion.  We did recently change the color options for LMI Pro, and the details can be found within the latest release notes (updates coming again on this topic soon).  Typically higher resolution settings are preferred by customers, but I understand if the change took you by surprise.

We will be updating the knowledgebase to reflect these upgrades as well.  Thanks for your patience while we fully document.

Ericatdmi
      Active Contributor

So the lower quality options are gone for good? That's disappointing. The lower quality options made a significant difference in connection performance when working with clients that have poor internet connections.   Seems like it would be easy enough to leave the options in place for those that need it. 

Please pass on my thoughts to whom it may concern. I'd love to get the lower quality video options back.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

Ericatdmi Thanks for your feedback and case use.  We will share it with the product teams repsonsible.

cxedis
      New Contributor

I understand that Higher quality settings are perferred by customers but only when bandwidth permits....

All you have succeded in doing is elminating the ability to utilize your offering on slow locations. 

It is now basically unusable on 75% of the 13,000 locations we utilize you for.

This change is complete garbage and was not thought out very well.

"Upgrades" what a load of BS.

AshC, I'm not mad at you as you were not the one to implement this change, it has just made our lives a living hell. 

kbowen
      Active Contributor

This is not acceptable as we have several machines on networks with less than ideal bandwidth. Our customerbase is well over 10000 machines. We never use the higher resolutions because we are remotely supporting these machines - not streaming video or gaming. Please add black and white back to the options. 

• How to get greyscale colour back when remote controlling a PC ? Seems like new update removed this option.

InterNetworkIT
      Active Contributor

Everyone in our company (we do Managed IT Services as well) are extremely disappointed that the color options are gone.  It's absolutely unnecessary to remove them, it benefits no one, and it hurts everyone using LogMeIn.  When we're remoted into a computer for support we want the fastest possible connection, we don't care that it's not HD colors.  We just need to click the screen and run scans, install products, etc., and removing the lower color options has seriously slowed that down.  Clients with poor internet connections are attrocious to work on their computers without the lowest color setting.

Please bring back the full options for color settings, because it effects everyone working in the IT industry to support other computers.  Especially because it was completely unnecessary to remove the options.

• I will join the list of LogMeIn users requesting B&W and lower color options be put back into the product.  We have logmein in several remote locations where the internet is aweful and the low color option make a significant difference.  

sikiwawa
    Active Contributor

Hi All,

Does anyone has an older Mac client with version earlier than 4.1.0.6901 which has the 6 colors options such as black & white and grayscale color options

Appreciate a lot your help!

Regards, 

SCS27
    New Contributor

Just wanted to +1 on the votes for bringing back B&W mode. We have users sharing a single cell connection in remote locations, and my go-to fix to make remote support workable was scaling back to B&W visuals. The current color setting options have worse performance on low-bandwith connections, without question. Please bring the option back. 

mporternl
      New Contributor

In all my dealings with LogMeIn I've never had an "Account Manager" but now they're trying to sell me something, I get an email from an "Account Manager" maybe we can all drop him an email regarding this issue seeing tech support won't listen.

Ted Gledhill   |   Principal Outbound Account Manager- LogMeIn Central

320 Summer St., Boston MA. 02210

O: 1-781-850-1373   |   M: 1-617-633-4339 

www.logmein.com/central

• Thank you sir!  That is 10x better...I use the speed just above black and white and the response time is far far better than it was with the lowest available on the later versions of the client.

Thanks again!