Forum Discussion

Khaos_Storm
Active Contributor
3 years ago

Cannot Connect to Host -1st attempt drops -2nd attempt says already connected

I am having an issue with LogMeIn, that seems to be hitting more and more of my machines. I have 87 computers at 5 sites. All 87 have been working through LogMeIn, and then last week we had one com...
    slimjim1
    3 years ago

JLSantos I managed to figure out the issue myself.  After uninstalling Citrix Workspace and rebooting,  Logmein magically worked again.  Even the inability to stop/restart the service was fixed.  

I found it from looking into graphics drivers as the only thing different about this PC was that it had an old dedicated graphics card.  I noticed in device manager that Citrix had it's own entry under display adapters listed as "citrix indirect display adapter".   I remember Logmein used to use it's own mirror driver that showed up in Device Manager so I took a wild guess that it was interfering with whatever Logmein does to tap into graphics drivers.  Perhaps it's seeing that device as a display out and tries to get a feed from it only to fail since it isn't a real display device.  This isn't a solution because I still need Citrix Workspace but this should point Logmein in the right direction.  Going to reinstall Citrix Workspace and see if I can replicate it.

Update: Reinstalling Citrix workspace didn't bring back the issue.  But it also didn't install the "citrix indirect display adapter" that I saw earlier.  Worth noting that I had manually uninstalled that driver within Device Manager before removing Citrix Workspace so that driver specifically might be the cause of the issue.

Update 2: Seems to be related to Citrix Screen Casting which is part of Citrix Workspace.