Forum Discussion

MarkFont
4 years ago

Connection dropping off about 4-5 times an hour. Is anyone else experiencing this?

My connection has started dropping randomly. I am trying to narrow it down. I am hopping to eliminate logmein from the problem. 

borges_
    New Contributor

I have five Imacs using the logmein, but only one is disconnecting and started yesterday from 04/12.
    Disconnection between 15-20 minutes after the start of the session.
    I did the configuration as in the documentation, enable the app in "System preferences> Security and privacy"

At the company's firewall I released the range of ips as requested in the documentation

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/whitelisting-and-firewall-configuration-for-logmein-products

In the ips range part

LogMeIn server / Data Center IP addresses for use in firewall configurations

I had to install the teamviewer as a paleative until I saw what is happening with the logmein

StephalyTSF
      New Contributor

I already had LogMeIn enabled in Security and Privacy, and our firewall isn't even on. So I don't think that's what's causing my issues...

borges_
        New Contributor

I my case the OS version is Catalina.
        The version of Logmein Host is 4.1.0.11887

The last update  2021-03-29

StephalyTSF
    New Contributor

Not as often as you, but I've been experiencing the same problem for a while, with the caveat that once it drops, it doesn't come back. The only "solution" I've found (and support's only recommendation) has been to uninstall/reinstall LogMeIn on the computer I'm remotely connected to – which requires a second remote login application to be already set up...

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Mark,

Have you already tried switching networks completely to rule out any local latency?