Forum Discussion

theboynorm
Active Contributor
7 years ago

Display Glitch - iOS and MacOS High Sierra

I have been a long standing user of Logmein coming up on 8 years, without out fault or major issue until in a recent update to Mac OS high Sierra. Now when I remote login to my Mac Mini or iMac any open applications I get the outline of the application window and all details of the application id a blurry mess. items located on the desktop are also covered by a white box (blank area) see below.

GlennD
    7 years ago

For anyone else experiencing this issue, connecting a monitor or at least a headless HDMI adapter will engage the video driver so that the screen is displayed correctly when you connect.

• Thank GOD I'm not the only one with this issue since updating to 10.13.4.

I have no idea what to do at this point... I've already tried reinstalling logmein but that didnt help. :(

puch27

I am having the same problems. Very teared pictures etc.

theboynorm
        Active Contributor

Hi, as the post above suggests a simple HDMI Dummy Plug will sort this, plus it’s has the added benefit of a faster response time as it keeps the GDPU engaged.

these can be picks for for a few pounds on amazon or ebay.

ProjectLambda
    Active Contributor

Hi - I get this problem on machines that have had the most recent macos security update. I use logmein to manage macs all over the world - some of which are on the otherside of the world... I cannot plug in an hdmi plug. Please please please fix this as while I do have a ssh backup VNC over ssh is much laggier.

Glen1234
      Visitor

Is there any update to this issue? As adding a dummy HDMI is not an option for me.

theboynorm
        Active Contributor
        Ok, just pulled the dummy HDMI adaptor out to see if any improvement, the results while improved are still not 100% the non active windows blank out white until you activate them, the menu bars remain solid white.

Still the answer is a HDMI dummy adaptor.
    GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi theboynorm

We'd like to work with you on this issue, I will PM you so we can get a ticket started.

theboynorm
      Active Contributor

Evening Glenn,

I’ve received a support mail & responded, hopefully the information provided will be of some help, to others whom are suffering similar issues.

regards 

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

For anyone else experiencing this issue, connecting a monitor or at least a headless HDMI adapter will engage the video driver so that the screen is displayed correctly when you connect.