Forum Discussion

FilaHelp1
New Contributor
5 years ago

Invalid Email Format - Catalina OS

Everytime I try to log into the LogMeIn Control Panel to add a MacBook Pro to LogMeIn, it changes the structure of my email, preventing me from logging in.For example, I enter the administrator's email filahelp1@filahelp.com and password. After I hit Log In, it doesn't let me in and displays a different address filahelp1%40filahelp.com, hince the Invalid Email Format. No matter what I do, it defaults to the invalid email address.This is a new MacBook Pro (2019) with Catalina installed. I've tried everything from reinstalling the 64bit program to reimaging the whole machine. It does not ask permission to do screen recording because it only ask for that once I log in (which I cannot do). I finally installed Mojavi, installed and logged into LogMeIn, then upgraded to Catalina. Though the problem is solved, it took a VERY long route to get there. Someone please help with this issue and the "can't run in 2 locations simultaneously" issue from the toolbar icon.

FilaHelp1
    New Contributor

UPDATE:

A LogMeIn Rep remoted into my Mac machine to see if he can figure out the issue. He could not determine the cause or the solution to the email format problem. After spending over an hour and several reinstall attempts, we could not figure out the problem. So as a work around until LogMeIn can fix the Catalina issue, we logged into LogMeIn from a browser and create a deployment package. You download the LogMeIn Host file as a Link. Go to the computer needing LogMeIn and click on the deployment link. Install the file as normal. After the install, the computer will already be logged in and ready to go.

I have a team of my own working on this. Once I find a solution, I will post.

ron7264
    New Contributor

I am having the same issue with the invalid email format, it sure woudl be nice to get  a fix for this ASAP.

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey there, sorry for the delay here.

I am trying to see if we can recreate this OSX experience in-house, to create a ticket for our dev team. 

ron7264
      New Contributor

I am not sure what I did to make it work again, but when the failure occured I restarted my MAc and it started working again.

Anon80591
    New Contributor

I'm getting the same error... Evidently they need to fix this...

bmcintosh

I have the same issue. I can use our login email and password to access LogMeIn via the web, but the @ symbol in the email is replaced by %40 when the login happens on the LogMeIn client on MacOS.

The client accepts the e-mail with the @ symbol and it looks like the login form is being processed. For example, the email would look like email@domain.ca. Then, the client shows the message "Logging in as email%40domain.ca - followed quickly by a login error.

I use a .ca email - I am wondering if it has something to do with the email extension, or with some checking on the e-mail validity? In any case, I suspect that the login script is altering the email after some checks.

I am using Version 4.1.7284 (PlugIn: 1.0.2311) of the Mac client on MacOS Catalina (version 10.15.1).

I hope this helps .....

Brian

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

bmcintosh  If a full re-install at the endpoint did not affect this behavior, we'd really want to work with the problem Mac in order to file an official ticket.  Can you give us a call when you have a few minutes to create a case with Customer Support?

macpro03
      New Contributor

I am having the same issue. At some point within 24+ hours of continous trying, it will just work. Otherwise, I am getting the same issue constantly. Downloading latest LogMeIn Control pannel for Mac OS on their website. Currently running Mac OS Catalina. 

@LogMeIn Please get this fixed!

macpro03
        New Contributor

Just to clearify, even rebooting doesn't always fix it. We are using 2-step authentication as well.

bpritch
    Active Contributor

Same issue here and spoke with 2 reps on the phone. Last one remoted in to verify and run a script to clear the credentials. Still not working and was told the ticket is up to Dev to fix now. I have done multiple installs and everytime the credentials are already in the client at launch with %40. 

Script

rm -rf /Users/$(id -un)/Library/Caches/com.logmein.ignition/fsCachedData/*

sm555

Having the same issue.  Brand new MacBook Pro, fresh clean install of Catalina performed.  And fresh install of the LogMeIn Client app only.  '@' symbol being replaced with %40 when logging in so it prevents an accurate login, so have no way of accessing any of my remote computers from within the client app.