Forum Discussion

PABKSK
4 years ago

Logmein Pro Client compatibility with Apple Silicon M1 Macs and/or Rosetta

Does Logmein Pro Client work with the new Apple Silicon M1 Macs ? Either natively or through Rosetta emulation? Any plan to support the new Macs ?

Tzadkiel7
    4 years ago

I had this same problem as well with an M1 Mac mini.  LogMeIn support said they are working on M1 compatibility.  I was able to figure out a workaround that does not require physical access to the machine and it works great for me.

From the LogMeIn Client, try to login to the machine and you will see that black screen.  Then go back to the client and launch the terminal - you should get a terminal prompt if the machine is up.  In the terminal, type "caffeinate -u -t 2" and press enter.  You should now have video.

Apparently this works because caffeinate with these arguments tells the M1 Mac that there is a user present at the computer, so it turns on the video.

Jason

(post edited to correct typo)

audiovisual
    Active Contributor

Having an issue when logging into a remote M1 Mac Mini.  If the Mac mini has gone to sleep/has the display off, the remote keyboard and mouse will not wake it up. When I connect to this machine, all that I see on the remote side is a black screen, even tho it is actually connected to the computer.

It takes someone physically moving the local keyboard/mouse in order to make the screen come on and then it can be operated remotely. 

I have tried updating software, and also checked all of the security and accessibility options on the Mac side and all seems to be the same as other intel based machines.  I have another Intel based Mac Mini on the same network/Mac software version and it works perfectly. 

Tzadkiel7
      New Contributor

I had this same problem as well with an M1 Mac mini.  LogMeIn support said they are working on M1 compatibility.  I was able to figure out a workaround that does not require physical access to the machine and it works great for me.

From the LogMeIn Client, try to login to the machine and you will see that black screen.  Then go back to the client and launch the terminal - you should get a terminal prompt if the machine is up.  In the terminal, type "caffeinate -u -t 2" and press enter.  You should now have video.

Apparently this works because caffeinate with these arguments tells the M1 Mac that there is a user present at the computer, so it turns on the video.

Jason

(post edited to correct typo)

Tzadkiel7
        New Contributor

It is "caffeinate" not caffeinated.  Stupid spellcheck 🙂

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

audiovisual   I'm afraid we do not yet have support for M1 processors, though this may change in the future.

• When I connect to control my Macmini using the client I get a black screen with no response.

SLP1
      Active Contributor

I have the same issue running Big Sur 11.4 on 24" iMac M1. 2021.  Also, If I select "blank screen option" screen goes whitewash ghosting articacts.  I have to log out and back in to reset screen.  

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

I'm sorry we don't have any new development news around M1 compatibility yet. 

• I have the client running on my macbook air with M1 without any issue. It currently runs under Rosetta 2. 

Would also like to know if there are plans to have an M1 native app. 

• I am having issues where when I connect to a Windows PC from my M1 the M1 keyboard will not work on the Windows PC so I am unable to type.  I have tested this on 6 different Windows 10 PCs.  

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

I'm sorry I haven't heard of plans to develop fully compatible M1 native apps yet. 

chrispfeffer  Did you have any luck using an emulator as others on this thread have mentioned?

audiovisual
    Active Contributor

I am having an compatibility issue with the M1, it does not wake up whenever I remote into the machine. 

• Every time I try to connect to an M1 Mac mini (with Big Sur) from a MacBookAir (with Big Sur), the Logmein client of the MacBookAir crashes.  Is there any way to fix this?  Please advise.