Forum Discussion

dac72
Active Contributor
5 years ago

MacOS Catalina Support

Does the current version of LogMeIn Pro support MacOS Catalina?

Just upgraded to Catalina last night and I am able to remotely connect to the device device, however, I cannot manage it.  When I connect to the device I just get any empty desktop image without any icon or ability to do anything with it.

• Ok, I ran the uninstall script and completely removed logmein, downloaded it again and this time it comes up as the 64bit app version 4.1.7151.

Would be nice if LogMeIn was a little more clear about this!

Roryknepp
    Active Contributor

open system preferences, privacy, screen recording, click LogMein . that worked for me. also I went to full disk access and allowed LogMein control panel.

iceman285
      Active Contributor

Roryknepp, does that work for both the client and control panel?

Roryknepp
        Active Contributor
        I think Client is 32bit. so it needs an update. I don't use the client app on my iMac. since i log in from an ipad or iPhone.
      ahankins
      Active Contributor

Do you know what effect enabling/disabling "Full Disk Access" has with LogMeIn?  I left it unchecked but everything seems to work fine for me...

I do constantly get an error "The app cannot run simultaneously in two different sessions." When I attempt to launch the Control Panel from the menu bar. If i quit and relaunch the LogMein Control Panel, it works but after a reboot, this issue comes up again.

Also for those saying the LogMeIn Client app is not 64-bit, mine is & works fine under Catalina. I would try to reinstall from LogMein.com

iceman285
        Active Contributor

Ahankins, as far as I know, full disk access is just as it sounds, if checked it allows logmein full access to your local disk.

I have not upgraded to Catalina for the simple fact that I support hundreds of remote users and I can't afford to lose access to logmein.

You might want to check if your client is indeed 64bit by following the below steps from OSXdaily... I update my client yesterday and it's still reporting 32bit.

http://osxdaily.com/2018/03/06/find-32-bit-apps-mac/

Regards

iceman285
    Active Contributor

Starting with Mac OS Catalina there is no longer any support for 32bit apps. Until Logmein updates their software it will not work on Catalina. I am activly trying to find anything I can about the status of the Logmein client software update. Hopefully someone from Logmein will respond.

computica
    New Contributor

I had a similar issue so I checked my version of LogMeIn Control Panel (host), which was just updated in the last day or two, but it was at 4.1.0.10893 (Oct 21) and not 4.1.7151.  4.1.7151 is the client program.  When I connected to my compouter from my phone I got the plain screen, evem after uninstalling and reinstalling the host.  I think went in System Prefs, Security & Privacy, Screen Recording and made sure LogMeIn.app was checked and then it worked.

So if you connect to a remote computer and you get just the Finder menu at the top and noting on the screen, make sure the Screen Recording is checked on the remote machine.  That might help.

• In the Mojave/Catalina OS

Go to System Preferences: System and Security, Privacy Tab Click padlock at bottom of screen to unlock and make changes, Then go to

Accessibility TAb,( Click the lock at the bottom to make changes), enter credentials, then put check marks anything LMI(LogMeIn or G2p GoToMyPC Related (for your plan, including GoToAssist if subscribed) also look for BASH (very important for mouse control) and AESERVER as well ,

For Catalina users: Then go down to all other folders especially Full Disk Access and SCREEN RECORDER put check marks, for Logmein Client, LMI Gui Agent and so forth, This will only show up if you are Catalina, Everyone else (Mojave users) Its Just Accessibility

Click lock to save changes, and then restart if that doesn’t work go back again two more times Restart and that should, do it.

SW41
      New Contributor

Can't unlock the lock, the remote user is NOT an admin.  

Jazmine_Clough
        GoTo Contributor

That means you have to login  as administrator first on that machine

• 1. Open "Security and Privacy" 2. Click on the lock at the bottom-left corner and fill the Mac User ID and password. 3. Open tab "Privacy" 4. Under "Privacy" > Click on "Accessibility" 5. Click on the "+" icon and find the LogMeIn (normally it should be in the Download folder in the computer). 6. Tick on "Bash", "AEServer" and "LogMeIn" (if any is available) 7. Under "Privacy" > Click on "Screen Recording" 8. Tick on "Bash", "AEServer" and "LogMeIn" (if any is available)
      Jngo
      Visitor

I don't even have LogMeIn (or any applications) on the list when I go to the Privacy > Screen Recording section in preferences. How do I get LogMeIn to show up there? I'm on the very latest MacOS Catalina version (10.15.2) and just reinstalled LogMeIn Hamachi as well

ArW

I have update my Mac to MacOS Catalina 10.15 and my Log Me In Pro Host computer won't run now because it is 32 bit and needs to be updated to 64 bit - How do I get the update for Log Me In Pro?