Forum Discussion

GuiSoares
New Contributor
3 months ago

Automated Update Block for LogMeIn Calling Card

Hello, can someone help me?

I am configuring the Rescue Calling Card on the company’s computers. The application periodically requests an update, and I don't want this message to be shown to the user. I don't want it to keep prompting for updates.

In the photo below, I simulated the scenario, as it usually requests an update when the app is opened. Is there any file or key that I can change to prevent it from asking or stop it from prompting for updates?

• The way to install silently a new msi is to redeploy the msi and to enable windows system service

A master administrator of your Rescue account needs to generate a new msi following these instructions

https://community.logmein.com/t5/Rescue-News/New-Feature-Release-Calling-Card-as-a-Windows-Service-is-now/ba-p/295430

Please test first on one computer that has already the calling card installed. I confirm that you no longer needs to contact support. You just to find the option and check 'windows service mode'

Bear in mind that you will need to redeploy the calling card. I do recommend you use the workaround provided below. For privacy reasons I am unable to share the details of any Master Admin of your Rescue account. Thank you for your understanding, GlennD GuiSoares 

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi GuiSoares, welcome to the community.

On our side we can help you lock your Calling Card to a specific version, however not all updates are version related. I have asked your CSM to follow up with you.

cedricLMI
      GoTo Contributor

Hi my name is Cedric. Please liaise with your manager in Brazil or with a manager in France if you're already .  Locking the calling card is not something I recommend. For the time being, the best course of action is to please proceed with the update on the computers. I will collaborate with point of contact in Tereos France in August. Thanks

GuiSoares
      New Contributor

Hello GlennD  and cedricLMI .

Thank you very much for the response.
      I have one more question: since blocking updates wouldn't be ideal, is there a way to make them happen automatically and invisibly?

cedricLMI
        GoTo Contributor

Hi GuiSoares  While we work on your question, I recommend you invite the end-user to use www.logmein123.com to download and run the Rescue applet. When you are connected to the end-user computer, you can run the applet as a windows service and update the calling card by opening it. Windows admin credentials need to be keyed.

I will ask your question internally to double check and tag GlennD  so we can come back to you.

Thanks