Forum Discussion

freelancenoob
New Contributor
4 years ago

Prevent incoming connection

Is there a way to stop a technician from logging in to another technicians pc without preventing the tech to remote out. 

Example. Tech 1 can remote out and help the end users. Tech 2 can remote out and help end users. However Tech 2 can't remote into tech 1's pc.

Is there a port i can block to do what im asking?

• I tried to turn off the service and only turn it on when I needed to use it but it would never stop an incoming connection.

Anthony526
    New Contributor
    Steps to block all incoming connections:
    1. Two computer or systems have considered here For better understanding of Blocking all the incoming connections. ...
    2. To block all the incoming connections, please Press Windows+R of your computer.
    3. Type firewall. ...
    4. Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
      freelancenoob
      New Contributor

Changing firewall settings will not work in a Domain environment where group policies are in place.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

freelancenoob  I'm not aware of a way do this, but will ask if there are any workarounds.  GoToAssist can do this last I checked, using the Unattended install. 

freelancenoob
      New Contributor

Was there any update on this? I ran wireshark and my results are different each time. It's like the port is randomized. I tried to turn off the service and only turn it on when I needed to use it but it would never stop an incoming connection.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

The services themselves communicate using port 443 (HTTPS/SSL) and port 80, so if you were to close these off you would effectively kill any communication attempts.