cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timmo08
Active Contributor

Re: 11/30/22 Security Incident

Agreed. It's like with flight delays - even if there is no news you should keep telling people that there is no news, so they know you are engaged and working on their behalf.  Silence makes people fear the worst.

cvillard1
Active Contributor

Yes, this is an excellent point and example!
JoJoKopp
Active Contributor

What did customer care say when you called them?  I haven't called yet because I was too busy implementing a company VPN so I could get everyone working from home again.  It has been a crazy few weeks.  Are they going to refund any money since we can use their services?

cvillard1
Active Contributor

So they could not really offer much in the way of any news or anything different than what was posted in the article. I had requested a letter stating that the services were safe to use on company letter head but they were not able to provide that to me. Unfortunately when I talked to them about cancelling services and going with someone else, they said they were not offering refunds at this time.
JoJoKopp
Active Contributor

So customer care doesn't really care about their customers.  Maybe they should change their name.

cvillard1
Active Contributor

Well I ended up speaking with a manager and, to be fair, their hands are tied by higher ups no doubt. This is a tricky situation and said they would pass along my feedback. I get that they can only provide what they have the ability to provide.

Don't get me wrong though, I am getting quotes from other services like TeamViewer/SplashTop/etc because I have a business I need to keep running and the longer no info is available stating the services are indeed safe, the more confidence degrades.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @cvillard1 and @JoJoKopp 

I completely understand your concern and frustration, unfortunately, we do not have more details that can be shared currently. All of our services are fully functional and we have not identified any additional actions required for customers.  

Our investigation is ongoing and as soon as new information is available to be shared I will update you here in the community. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
cvillard1
Active Contributor

Just passing this along to others and to GoTo. This is why users are concerned and GoTo should make some sort of update.

https://techcrunch.com/2022/12/14/parsing-lastpass-august-data-breach-notice/ 

JoJoKopp
Active Contributor

GlennD - I understand that your hands our tied and you are still researching, but until you can say that LogMeIn is secure, then I think the fully functional  is not useful at all.  To have an open port to LogMeIn without knowing that the software cloud I am connected to is completely secure is not something that I can do.  When you can say that it is secure and the reasoning behind it being secure, like you rebuilt a server or moved it to another cloud or whatever someone has to do to take a breached server and make it secure again, I can't use it's functionality.  So, a better answer to me is that we continue to research and I understand your frustrations.

JoJoKopp
Active Contributor

What are you finding regarding the other products?  Do any work similar to LogMeIn.  I have a user who has 6 screens in the office and only one screen at home, so using RDP is not really helpful in his scenario.  He is used to LogMeIn and just moving from screen to screen and struggles with just pulling up the app he wants on his single screen at home.