cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aferino
Active Contributor

Allow Access to computers with Azure Active Directory credentials

We have a lot of remote computer that we join to our Azure Active Directory tenant for single sign on. It would be very helpful if we could access those computers with AAD credentials that would have admin access to those devices in the same way we can with on-prem domain joined computers.

12 REPLIES 12
rsantanna
New Contributor

Re: Allow Access to computers with Azure Active Directory credentials

Was it solved ? I have the same issue.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

You can use Azure AD for SSO login into the product, but currently the host logins don't work when windows would need to authenticate against an azure domain. The login page would redirect to the federated authentication page, so it recognizes the domain and forwards the user there.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Ralph6
New Contributor

In the Azure Active Directory admin center, go to Azure Active Directory , choose Devices and then Device settings. Verify Users may join devices to Azure AD is enabled. To enable all users, set to All.

aferino
Active Contributor

Ralph, that doesn't have anything to do with the problem I described. The devices are already joined to AAD. But you can't use an AAD credential to access a machine remotely with LMI Central. Even if that account would have local admin access if you were at that computer directly.

aferino
Active Contributor

Ash, I wouldn't actually mind the redirect on the remote connection side. It would be worth it to be able to completely disable the built in Administrator account on those machines. I wouldn't even mind if you didn't get the credential passthrough as long as my AAD account can get access to the machines.

rsantanna
New Contributor

aferino
Active Contributor

I'm not concerned with access to Central and LogMeIn in general. I want to be able to start a remote session with computers by providing AAD credentials.  Would this enable that functionality? From what I've seen, I doubt it. This appears to be for logging in to the LogMeIn Central portal itself. 

rsantanna
New Contributor

I really don't know exactly how it work. I'm talking with my logmein account manager to get a solution.

Anon56402

Let me know if you get one!